Below you will find MCQ Questions of Chapter 3 Synthetic Fibres and Plastics Class 8 Science Free PDF Download that will help you in gaining good marks in the examinations and also cracking competitive exams. These Class 8 MCQ Questions with answers will widen your skills and understand concepts in a better manner.
MCQ Questions for Class 8 Science Chapter 3 Synthetic Fibres and Plastics with answers
1. The oldest synthetic plastic is :
► (b) Bakelite
2. In electrical field, PVC is used to make
(b) wire cover
(c) tungsten wire
► (a) pipes
3. The nylon is prepared first in
► (b) 1931
4. Which of the following fibres are made from petroleum products?
(d) all of the above
► (d) all of the above
5. The lightweight plastic material is :
► (a) Polypropylene
6. A synthetic fibre which works like wool.
► (c) Acrylic
7. Plastics are generally made from
(b) plant products
► (d) petroleum
8. Fibre obtained by chemical treatment of wood pulp is called ___________.
(a) Natural silk
► (b) Rayon
9. Which of the following is a thermosetting plastic?
► (d) Melamine
10. _______is not a natural fiber.
► (a) rayon
11. Which of the following is a natural fibre obtained from plants?
► (a) Cotton
12. The polyester is made up of
► (c) Esters
13. Modern non-stick cookware and the flat end of an electric iron has a coating of a polymer. Identify the name of the polymer.
► (c) Teflon
14. Which one of the following is thermosetting plastic?
► (c) Melamine
15. The raw materials used in making nylon
(a) Wood pulp
(c) Coal, water, air
(d) All of the above
► (c) Coal, water, air
16. The plastics which do not remould again on heating are called:
(a) thermosetting plastics
(c) both of the above
(d) none of the above
► (a) thermosetting plastics
17. Which of the following is not a characteristic of plastics?
(a) Plastics are poor conductors of heat.
(b) Plastics are insoluble in water.
(c) Plastics are non-inflammable.
(d) Plastics do not react with water and air.
► (c) Plastics are non-inflammable.
18. The first fully synthetic fibre is :
► (c) Nylon
19. The fibre made up by the chemical treatment of wood pulp is
(d) None of the above
► (a) Rayon
20. Yarn is twisted to form :
► (a) thread
21. One of the advantages of nylon over rayon is that nylon:
(a) Is wrinkle free
(b) Has low elasticity
(c) Is a natural fibre
(d) Is a good conductor of electricity
► (a) Is wrinkle free
22. Which one is artificial silk?
► (d) Rayon
Hope the given MCQ Questions will help you in cracking exams with good marks. These Synthetic Fibres and Plastics MCQ Questions will help you in practising more and more questions in less time.