MCQ Questions for Class 7 Geography Chapter 1 Environment with Answers
MCQ Questions for Class 7 Geography Chapter 1 Environment with answers
1. Which is called the living world?
► (c) Biosphere
2. Which of the following is false regarding Environment?
(a) It provides the land where we live.
(b) It provides the air we breathe.
(c) Environment is not our basic life support system.
(d) It provides the water we drink, the food we eat.
► (c) Environment is not our basic life support system.
3. Trade in which goods are traded without money:
(a) Import trade
(b) Export trade
(c) Barter trade
(d) Commercial trade
► (c) Barter trade
4. Which is not a natural ecosystem?
(b) Fishing pond
(d) None of the above
► (b) Fishing pond
5. Which of the following is created by the nature?
(a) Books, Copy, Pencil
(b) Mountains, Rivers, Trees
(c) Hospital, Roads, Bridges
(d) Car, Scooter, Trains
► (b) Mountains, Rivers, Trees
6. Which among the following terms of utmost significance in the dynamics of resource management was coined in the ‘Brundtland Commission Report’?
(a) Polluter-Pays Principle
(b) Sustainable development
(c) Inclusive Growth
(d) Carrying Capacity
► (b) Sustainable development
7. Atmosphere is
(a) It is the liquid crust or the hard top layer of the earth
(b) It is the thin layer of air that surrounds the earth
(c) It is the thick layer of air that surrounds the earth
(d) It is the solid crust or the hard top layer of the earth
► (b) It is the thin layer of air that surrounds the earth
8. ______ revolution made ____ speedy across the world
(a) Information, communication
(b) Data, communication
(c) Information, conversation
(d) Data, conversation
► (a) Information, communication
9. Which is not a component of human environment?
(d) All of the above
► (a) Land
10. A special day is celebrated on 5th June
(a) Air Environment Day
(b) Water Environment Day
(c) World Environment Day
(d) Earth Environment Day
► (c) World Environment Day
11. On _________ every year World Environment Day is celebrated.
(a) 5 June
(b) 5 July
(c) 25 June
(d) 25 July
► (a) 5 June
12. Who interacts with the environment and modify it according to their needs?
► (c) Humans
13. Human beings _____ with the environment and modify it according to their ____
(a) Need, goods
(b) Interact, goods
(c) Interact, needs
(d) Goods, needs
► (c) Interact, needs
14. Which of the following is not the major domain of the earth
► (a) Troposphere
15. Lithosphere is made up of _________.
(a) Soil and minerals.
(b) Rocks, minerals and Soil.
(c) Minerals, soil and water.
(d) Water and rocks.
► (b) Rocks, minerals and Soil.
16. Which of the following is biotic?
► (a) Plants
17. ______ must learn to live and use their environment in a harmonious way.
► (c) Humans
18. A _____ is necessary between the natural and human environment
(a) Perfect balance
(b) Imperfect balance
(c) Perfect imbalance
(d) Imperfect imbalance
► (a) Perfect balance
19. Life bearing layer on the earth is:
► (d) Biosphere
20. Abiotic component of environment is:
(d) None of the above
► (b) Land
21. ____ is the solid crust or the hard top layer of the earth.
► (c) Lithosphere
22. What are the components of the ecosystem
(a) Biotic and Amiotic
(b) Biotac and Abiotic
(c) Biotic and Abiotic
(d) Biotech and Abiotech
► (c) Biotic and Abiotic
Hope the given MCQ Questions will help you in cracking exams with good marks. These Environment MCQ Questions will help you in practising more and more questions in less time.