Provide me so I can prepare for exams. Kindly give Chapter 1 Nutrition in Plants Class 7 Science MCQs Questions with Answers quickly as it is very essential.
Below you will find MCQ Questions of Chapter 1 Nutrition in Plants Class 7 Science Free PDF Download that will help you in gaining good marks in the examinations and also cracking competitive exams. These Class 7 MCQ Questions with answers will widen your skills and understand concepts in a better manner.
MCQ Questions for Class 7 Science Chapter 1 Nutrition in Plants with answers
1. Which of the following statements is true about croton plants?
(a) Croton plants do not contain chlorophyll.
(b) Croton plants are dark red in colour. Hence they depend on other plants for food.
(c) Croton plants have chlorophyll but it is hidden by dark red colour pigments.
(d) Croton plants are parasites
► (c) Croton plants have chlorophyll but it is hidden by dark red colour pigments.
2. What role does the insect play in the insectivorous plant?
(a) Fertilization process.
(b) Provides nutrients to the plant.
(c) Dispersal of seeds.
(d) Provides carbon dioxide to the plant.
► (b) Provides nutrients to the plant.
3. The product of photosynthesis is
► (b) Carbohydrates
4. Chlorophyll is found in oval-shaped structures called as
► (c) chloroplast
5. Chlorophyll is present inside the
► (b) Thylakoids
6. Components of food are called
► (a) Nutrients
7. Which of the following raw material is available in the air for photosynthesis?
(a) Carbon dioxide
► (a) Carbon dioxide
8. What is the role of the bacteria in leguminous plants?
(a) Convert oxides of nitrogen into soil nitrates.
(b) Convert atmospheric nitrogen gas into soil nitrates.
(c) Convert soil nitrates into gaseous nitrogen.
(d) Convert plant proteins into ammonia.
► (b) Convert atmospheric nitrogen gas into soil nitrates.
9. Algae and fungi live together in
► (c) Lichen
10. Pitcher plant is an/a
► (c) Insectivores
11. The byproduct of photosynthesis is
(d) Organic compounds
► (c) Oxygen
12. What is the principal source of energy input to biological systems?
(a) Carbohydrates from plants.
(b) Light from the sun.
(c) Nutrients from the soil.
(d) Oxygen from the air.
► (b) Light from the sun.
13. The chemical used for Starch test is
(d) Methyl blue
► (b) Iodine
14. Which part of the leaf controls the rate of loss of water to the air?
(c) Vascular bundles
► (b) Stomata
15. The bacterium which provides nitrogen to the leguminous plants is:
► (d) Rhizobium
16. Which one of the following element has not been proven to be essential in plants?
► (b) Sodium
17. Which of the following is the characteristic feature of organisms exhibiting symbiosis?
(a) Organism feeds on dead and decaying organic matter.
(b) Organism traps and feeds on insects.
(c) Two organisms live together and get benefitted from each other.
(d) One organism grows as parasite on the body of other.
► (c) Two organisms live together and get benefitted from each other.
18. Which structure in a green plant controls the opening and closing of stomata?
(a) Guard cell
► (a) Guard cell
19. The small pores present on the leaves are called:
(b) Guard cell
► (c) Stomata
20. Organism that live and derive food from others are called
► (c) Parasite
21. Herbivores are ______ eating animals.
► (d) Plants
22. Which bacteria convert atmospheric nitrogen into soluble form?
► (a) Rhizobium
23. Which one is saprophytic organism?
► (b) Mushroom
24. The green colour of plants is due to the presence of:
► (a) Chlorophyll
25. In non-green plants and animals mode of nutrition is:
► (c) Heterotrophic
26. How does photosynthesis help to maintain the percentage of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere?
(a) By giving off carbon dioxide and absorbing oxygen.
(b) By giving off oxygen and absorbing carbon dioxide.
(c) By releasing oxygen and carbon dioxide.
(d) By absorbing oxygen and carbon dioxide.
► (b) By giving off oxygen and absorbing carbon dioxide.
27. Which one is a total parasite?
► (b) Cuscuta
28. Plants make their own food by the process of:
► (c) Photosynthesis
Hope the given MCQ Questions will help you in cracking exams with good marks. These Nutrition in Plants MCQ Questions will help you in practising more and more questions in less time.