Provide me latest so I can prepare for exams. Kindly give Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations Class 10 Science MCQs Questions with Answers quickly as it is very essential.
Below you will find MCQ Questions of Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations Class 10 Science Free PDF Download that will help you in gaining good marks in the examinations and also cracking competitive exams. These Class 10 MCQ Questions with answers will widen your skills and understand concepts in a better manner.
MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations with answers
1. In which of the following chemical equations, the abbreviations represent the correct states of the reactants and products involved at reaction temperature?
(a) 2H2(I) + O2(I) → 2H2O (g)
(b) 2H2(g) + O2(I) → 2H2O (I)
(c) 2H2(g) + O2(g) → 2H2O (I)
(d) 2H2(g) + O2(g) → 2H2O (g)
► (c) 2H2(g) + O2(g) → 2H2O (I)
2. What is the number of iron atoms and hydrogen atoms in the balanced equation for the reaction of steam on iron ?
(a) 3Fe and 8H
(b) 3Fe and 4H
(c) 3Fe and 6H
(d) 3Fe and 10H
► (a) 3Fe and 8H
3. Which of the statements about the reaction below are incorrect?
2PbO(s) + C(s) → 2Pb(s) + CO2 (g)
(i) Lead is getting reduced.
(ii) Carbon dioxide is getting oxidised.
(iii) Carbon is getting oxidised.
(iv) Lead oxide is getting reduced.
(a) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (i) and (ii)
(d) All statements are incorrect
► (c) (i) and (ii)
4. In a given reaction, barium hydroxide reacts with ammonium chloride to form product X and Y. Identify X and Y.
Ba(OH)2 + NH4Cl → X + Y
(a) BaCl2 and NH4OH
(b) BaCl2 and NH3
(c) BaCl2 and H2O
(d) NH4 and H2O
► (a) BaCl2 and NH4OH
5. The reaction, Zn + 2HCl → ZnCl2 + H2 is an example of:
(a) Displacement reaction
(b) Combination reaction
(c) Double displacement reaction
(d) Decomposition reaction
► (a) Displacement reaction
6. The brown gas evolved on heating of copper nitrate is
► (b) NO2
7. The shiny finish to the walls is because of
(a) Calcium oxide
(b) Calcium hydroxide
(c) Calcium carbonate
(d) Calcium phosphate
► (c) Calcium carbonate
8. The given reaction indicates that:
Cu + 2AgNO3 → Cu(NO3)2 + 2Ag
(a) Copper is more reactive than silver.
(b) Silver is more reactive than copper.
(c) Both are equally reactive.
(d) None of the above
► (a) Copper is more reactive than silver.
9. Carbon dioxide turns lime water milky due to the formation of:
► (c) CaCO3
10. Iron displaces copper from its salt solution because:
(a) Both Fe and Cu are equally reactive
(b) Fe is less reactive than Cu
(c) Fe is more reactive than Cu
(d) None of the above
► (c) Fe is more reactive than Cu
11. Which of the following metal comes below copper in reactivity series?
► (c) Silver
12. Fe2O3 + 2Al → Al2O3 + 2Fe
The above reaction is an example of a:
(a) Combination reaction.
(b) Double displacement reaction.
(c) Displacement reaction.
(d) Decomposition reaction.
► (c) Displacement reaction.
13. Which is the reducing agent in the reaction?
ZnO + C → Zn + CO
► (a) C
14. Which of the following is an example of displacement reaction?
(a) 4 Na+ O2 → 2Na2O
(b) 2 Cu + O2 → 2CuO
(c) Mg + 2HCl → MgCl2 + p
(d) N2 + 3H2 → 2NH3
► (c) Mg + 2HCl → MgCl2 + p
15. When magnesium ribbon is burnt in air, the ash formed is:
► (a) White
16. Which substance is reduced in the following reaction?
ZnO + C → Zn + CO
(b) Zinc oxide
(d) Carbon monoxide
► (b) Zinc oxide
17. When in the blue solution of copper sulphate, zinc strip is dipped, after some time the colour changes to:
(d) Remains blue
► (c) Colourless
18. Rancidity can be prevented by:
(a) Adding antioxidants
(c) Storing the food in air-tight containers
(d) All of the above
► (d) All of the above
19. On heating ferrous sulphate crystals, we obtain
(a) A mixture of ferric oxide and sulphur dioxide
(b) A mixture of ferrous oxide and sulphur trioxide
(c) A mixture of ferric oxide, sulphur dioxide and sulphur trioxide
(d) A mixture of ferrous oxide, sulphur dioxide and sulphur trioxide
► (c) A mixture of ferric oxide, sulphur dioxide and sulphur trioxide
20. Chemically rust is:
(a) Iron nitrate
(b) Hydrated ferric oxide
(d) Iron sulphide
► (b) Hydrated ferric oxide
21. When a solution of barium chloride in water is added to an aqueous solution of sodium sulphate, the following happens :
(a) a white precipitate is formed
(b) a red precipitate is formed
(c) the colour of the solution turns blue
(d) a pungent smelling gas is evolved
► (a) a white precipitate is formed
22. When iron filings are added to a blue coloured copper sulphate solution, what colour change would you observe in solution?
(a) No change
► (b) Green
23. Which of the following is (are) an endothermic process(es) ?
(i) Dilution of sulphuric acid
(ii) Sublimation of dry ice
(iii) Condensation of water vapours
(iv) Evaporation of water
(a) (i) and (iii)
(b) (ii) only
(c) (iii) only
(d) (ii) and (iv)
► (d) (ii) and (iv)
24. The colours of aqueous solutions of CuSO4 and FeSO4 as observed in the laboratory are:
(a) Dark blue and pale green respectively
(b) Dark blue and dark green respectively.
(c) Pale green and light blue respectively.
(d) Light blue and dark green respectively.
► (a) Dark blue and pale green respectively
25. The reaction between lead nitrate and potassium iodide is an example of _______ .
(a) decomposition reaction
(b) double displacement reaction
(c) combustion reaction
(d) combination reaction
► (b) double displacement reaction
26. A strip of copper was placed in a beaker containing zinc sulphate solution. On observing the strip next day, it was noticed that:
(a) The colour of the copper strip changed
(b) The copper strip remained as it was
(c) The copper strip became thicker
(d) The copper strip became thinner
► (b) The copper strip remained as it was
27. In a double displacement reaction?
(a) Ions remains stable
(b) Ions get liberated
(c) Ions are exchange
(d) Ions are not created
► (c) Ions are exchange
28. When a solution of barium chloride in water is added to an aqueous solution of sodium sulphate, the following happens:
(a) A white precipitate is formed.
(b) A red precipitate is formed.
(c) The colour of the solution turns blue.
(d) A pungent smelling gas is evolved.
► (a) A white precipitate is formed.
Hope the given MCQ Questions will help you in cracking exams with good marks. These Chemical Reactions and Equations MCQ Questions will help you in practising more and more questions in less time.